1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyed my placement year, I got more from it than I thought I would and have noticed myself develop throughout the year.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
As the year has gone on I have been given more responsibility and as a result felt more valued by my team
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I have fortnightly 1:1s with my manager, allowing me to address any issues I have throughout the year
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days I would be busy, others I wouldn't, due to the fact my role is very ad hoc, it would depend on what campaigns we are working on at the time. This worked well for me as I was able to work with other departments when I was quiet.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As the placement went on I was given more responsibility, I also asked for more in order to push myself further
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
We were able to attend courses on Presentation Skills, Communication Skills, Project Management, etc. And so this will definitely help me when I return to university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere of the office is relaxed, which I think I work better in.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Overall my placement was well organised, during the first month I was trained by the previous intern on my core job roles, and then if I wanted to get involved in other teams that would be upto me.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
As mentioned we were able to attend courses to improve our key skills.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Intel do not generally hire back Marketing Graduates and so for me the chance of coming back in Marketing would be slim. However this year has lead me to possibly consider other areas such as Marketing Finance. Although I enjoyed this year I my consider pursuing a career in Finance in the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene was ok, made better by the Intern community at Intel. There are over 50 interns and so chances are there is always something going on to get involved with.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cost of living and going out is cheaper than at university
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife is ok, life I said the Intern community definitely improves it. Swindon is also close to Bristol, Bath and London.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
A lot of the activities would be with people who you work with, however this isn't necessarily a bad thing. With the Social Committee it's good to mix with full time members of staff too.