Marketing Specialist at Intel Corporation

Swindon South West
Charity/Non Profit Design Human Resources Market Research Marketing Public Relations Publishing Recruitment Retail Sales

Intel Corporation is a Top Employer

7.7/10

7.6

Really enjoyed my placement year, I got more from it than I thought I would and have noticed myself develop throughout the year.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 12 roles at Intel Corporation

As the year has gone on I have been given more responsibility and as a result felt more valued by my team

I have fortnightly 1:1s with my manager, allowing me to address any issues I have throughout the year

Some days I would be busy, others I wouldn't, due to the fact my role is very ad hoc, it would depend on what campaigns we are working on at the time. This worked well for me as I was able to work with other departments when I was quiet.

As the placement went on I was given more responsibility, I also asked for more in order to push myself further

We were able to attend courses on Presentation Skills, Communication Skills, Project Management, etc. And so this will definitely help me when I return to university.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 12 roles at Intel Corporation

The general atmosphere of the office is relaxed, which I think I work better in.

Overall my placement was well organised, during the first month I was trained by the previous intern on my core job roles, and then if I wanted to get involved in other teams that would be upto me.

As mentioned we were able to attend courses to improve our key skills.

Intel do not generally hire back Marketing Graduates and so for me the chance of coming back in Marketing would be slim. However this year has lead me to possibly consider other areas such as Marketing Finance. Although I enjoyed this year I my consider pursuing a career in Finance in the future.

The social scene was ok, made better by the Intern community at Intel. There are over 50 interns and so chances are there is always something going on to get involved with.

Cost of living and going out is cheaper than at university

The nightlife is ok, life I said the Intern community definitely improves it. Swindon is also close to Bristol, Bath and London.

A lot of the activities would be with people who you work with, however this isn't necessarily a bad thing. With the Social Committee it's good to mix with full time members of staff too.