1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very much so, the atmosphere and the people made it a very enjoyable place to work.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was put in a really new team, and this allowed us to form a team dynamic which i was very much included in.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had a weekly 1:1 with my manager and an on-the-job coach assigned to me to help with any issues i had.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It varies, towards the end of the month the workload increases, so managing your time effectively was important.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot! I looked after about 260 people's pay across EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa).
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think a lot of the business acumen developed is only specific to Intel, but i have improved a lot of transferable skills which will help me in my degree. Such as communication (i have had to talk to people on different time zones and countries) and time management to deal with varying work load levels.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Laid back and confortable, but with the expectation you will get the work done to a high level
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
We had open days where we were introduced to other interns and the team, as well as a smooth handover period from the previous intern.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had a quarterly performance review with my manager to identify strengths, achievements and areas for development. They also gave me the flexibility to rotate to other areas of the business to have a more rounded experience.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
To be hired back is tough, there is a lot of competition, but usually the company will hire back interns which puts you in a good place.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
At the beginning during the handover month there was a lot of social activity. After that there was less events, but still clubs like a weekly netball club which i joined.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Swindon is very cheap rent comparatively!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not great.. but your not too far from Bristol, Reading or London
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?