1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I throughly enjoyed my role. Everyone I met was friendly and helpful, which helped me settle in straight away. My role gave me a great understanding of the Asset Management industry.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues. I was given responsilbility from day one, as I was in a real role.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Every member of staff was very friendly and supportive. I felt I could ask them any question and they would help me straight away. Also it is a very well organised programme with reviews from outside of the department by the programme co-ordinator, giving you developmental support.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I always had work to do. However on some days I would be extremely busy where as others were a lot quieter, the work load depended on external factors and market conditions.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given total responsibility within my role. Working along side two other people that had been in the industry for many years. At times it was tough as I had not had the same experience as them, however this gave me the opportunity to learn a lot more about the industry and the department.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I gained numerous skills during my placement. Both industry based and on a personal level, such as presentation skills. There is continuous training throughout the placement as well as departmental training.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office was a very friendly environment. I throughly enjoyed my time on placement.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement scheme was very well run, with a programme co-ordinator. Giving placement students the opportunity to socialise together and providing continuous training and development throughout the programme.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested a lot into me. I was treated as a normal employee, attending training courses and kept involved in the team.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Future prospects are very appealing within the organisation with both a summer internship programme and also a Graduate Programme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene was nearly on par with university. With both company socials and also our own socials and drinks after work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The office is based in central London so it is fairly expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Very good night life with lots of bars and clubs. And most people are out at least 2 nights a week.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The company runs socials and many other activities, such as charity work and sports events.