Intern at Schroders

London Greater London
Banking/Finance

7.4/10

7.3

I throughly enjoyed my role. Everyone I met was friendly and helpful, which helped me settle in straight away. My role gave me a great understanding of the Asset Management industry.

I felt very valued by my colleagues. I was given responsilbility from day one, as I was in a real role.

Every member of staff was very friendly and supportive. I felt I could ask them any question and they would help me straight away. Also it is a very well organised programme with reviews from outside of the department by the programme co-ordinator, giving you developmental support.

I always had work to do. However on some days I would be extremely busy where as others were a lot quieter, the work load depended on external factors and market conditions.

I was given total responsibility within my role. Working along side two other people that had been in the industry for many years. At times it was tough as I had not had the same experience as them, however this gave me the opportunity to learn a lot more about the industry and the department.

I gained numerous skills during my placement. Both industry based and on a personal level, such as presentation skills. There is continuous training throughout the placement as well as departmental training.

The office was a very friendly environment. I throughly enjoyed my time on placement.

The placement scheme was very well run, with a programme co-ordinator. Giving placement students the opportunity to socialise together and providing continuous training and development throughout the programme.

The company invested a lot into me. I was treated as a normal employee, attending training courses and kept involved in the team.

Future prospects are very appealing within the organisation with both a summer internship programme and also a Graduate Programme.

The social scene was nearly on par with university. With both company socials and also our own socials and drinks after work.

The office is based in central London so it is fairly expensive.

Very good night life with lots of bars and clubs. And most people are out at least 2 nights a week.

The company runs socials and many other activities, such as charity work and sports events.