1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed the internship because it gave me a great insight into the industry and I developed many skills. In particular, I enjoyed the responsibility I was given and the networking opportunities.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was given responsibility from day 1. I did work that was useful for my team and for the business as a whole. There was constant feedback too, so people did actually look at the work I produced.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisors made sure that I had enough guidance in my work. I was able to get on with my work and if I had any questions/problems, they always gave their time to help me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Most days I was very busy. I had to juggle multiple tasks and there was never a moment where I had nothing to do!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility. I was responsible for 11 webconferences, speaking to external clients and updating our marketing collateral.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I've learned to time-manage really well and cope with stress in very busy periods! Also, I'm super quick with getting info from people now over email, phone or face-to-face. I can definitely use these skills back at university and in my future career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was very friendly and approachable. There was zero shouting. People baked cakes for each other - it was great!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The work from my team was extremely well organised. They had lined up plenty of work for me in advance. The 'challenges' we had from HR were well organised too, although we felt a little rushed for the last project.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They paid a lot of money to train us for a full week, and we had 3 different 'skills sessions' later on the internship. We also had lunch with 3 very senior members of the business.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
It's not the biggest company out there, so places are hard to get. But the places they do have are very worthwhile positions. Find out exactly what the role entails before applying though as each team is very different.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
YES. We had many social events and went out a lot together. Also, people weren't hyper-competitive with each other so people were easy to get along with.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is expensive - but you get paid more so it's not that bad unless you're terrible managing your money! I'm a student in London, so I'm used to it. But it's the place to be - so the price is worth it.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London is London. The choice is endless. Good for drinkers and non-drinkers alike.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was a football team and running group. I'm sure there were more opportunities too!