- To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my internship, from the work I was doing to the people I meet whilst doing it.
- To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I certainly felt valued, I was always given positive feedback when I helped someone out, and I enjoyed being given tasks that took on a level of responsibility.
- To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers and HR checked in with me regularly and were giving me feedback and support throughout.
- How busy were you on a daily basis?
It really varied from day-to-day. There were periods when I would have a lot to do, if I was maybe working on a big project and had lots of meeting, but there were also quiet periods throughout my six weeks.
- How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a good amount of responsibility for a 6 weeks virtual internship; enough to do impactful work but not too much I felt in over my head.
- To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think the skills I've learnt have set me up well to enter a career in asset mangement.
- What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everybody was incredibly approachable.
- How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
- In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had at least one training course a week.
- What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
Healthcare from home
- How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
- Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
- What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
- What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
- Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
- In addition to these questions, is there any extra information you would like to leave about your experiences on your work placement that other students may be interested in?