Financial Equity researcher at Absolute Internship

Shanghai Rest of the World
Banking/Finance

9.9/10

Research companies' financials, talk with CFOs and build financial models

Everything was extremely relevant to what I have applied for, moreover I had a chance to get to know about a different culture (China)

The company was extremely careful with providing me with enough attentions and recommendation so that I could get the most out of my internship.

The manager let the interns start promptly without a formal training. "Being thrown at sea" like that was extremely valuable to my internship as I was actually learning at my own peace. Management was always ready to clarify any doubt and provide valuable explanation when I would not be able to complete a task.

The offfice was open 24h and I could get in and out whenever I wanted s so long as I met deadlines. Deadline were tight but with good time management it was quite easy to meet them.

I was given full responsibility over the task that I was assigned. I was not given any guidance unless I asked to.

I leaned invaluable lessons about some practical skills like preparing pitch books and doing proper equity research, however the most important skills I have gained were networking, time management and being able to work independently

There were no walls between offices so people could communicate quite easily. Management was very keen in getting people to familiarize with each others hence they would often throw in non-work related conversations. Being able to socialize with each other gave a boost to the atmosphere as team work became natural and enjoyable

The internship was very well organized, every detail has been thought about and the company had a serviced office which made the workplace nice.

The company invested on their interns enormously as it entirely relies on them for tasks like research and customer-based activities.

I am still in touch with the manager of the company. Being a small boutique involvement firm they prefer to outsource work when it is needed. They have not hesitate in letting me know when there is a deal to be made and I am often asked if I want to get involved.

Since I was in China, I found the cost of living quite cheap when compared to London

Amazing

Being in China (especially in Shanghai) provides people with immense opportunities to get involved in something new