Research companies' financials, talk with CFOs and build financial models
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Everything was extremely relevant to what I have applied for, moreover I had a chance to get to know about a different culture (China)
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The company was extremely careful with providing me with enough attentions and recommendation so that I could get the most out of my internship.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The manager let the interns start promptly without a formal training. "Being thrown at sea" like that was extremely valuable to my internship as I was actually learning at my own peace. Management was always ready to clarify any doubt and provide valuable explanation when I would not be able to complete a task.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The offfice was open 24h and I could get in and out whenever I wanted s so long as I met deadlines. Deadline were tight but with good time management it was quite easy to meet them.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given full responsibility over the task that I was assigned. I was not given any guidance unless I asked to.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I leaned invaluable lessons about some practical skills like preparing pitch books and doing proper equity research, however the most important skills I have gained were networking, time management and being able to work independently
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There were no walls between offices so people could communicate quite easily. Management was very keen in getting people to familiarize with each others hence they would often throw in non-work related conversations. Being able to socialize with each other gave a boost to the atmosphere as team work became natural and enjoyable
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was very well organized, every detail has been thought about and the company had a serviced office which made the workplace nice.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested on their interns enormously as it entirely relies on them for tasks like research and customer-based activities.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am still in touch with the manager of the company. Being a small boutique involvement firm they prefer to outsource work when it is needed. They have not hesitate in letting me know when there is a deal to be made and I am often asked if I want to get involved.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Since I was in China, I found the cost of living quite cheap when compared to London
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Being in China (especially in Shanghai) provides people with immense opportunities to get involved in something new