1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The atmosphere in the office was great.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My boss was very supportive. I received guidelines and were given a lot of responsibility to deal with multimillion dollars clients. After every project I received feedback about what I could have improved next time.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Everyday was different, full of challenges, new projects, people to contact, things to research and learn!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot of responsibility. I was treated equally with other colleagues and was involved with all the major projects.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Very valuable experience. I could use a little bit of my university knowledge plus I gained a lot of hands-on experience. I learnt a lot about the world of investment banker and everything about valuations, mergers, MBOs, spin-off and China!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Fun and friendly atmosphere
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My first time in China. But everything was perfectly organised, I was supported by the Absolute staff, my boss and anybody I asked for help.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Coming from UK, everything is extremely cheap in China
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?