Architecture Intern at Absolute Internship

6.3
5.2

Preparing presentation images using Photoshop and AutoCAD
Preparing site models using SketchUp
Researching and gathering inspiration from design precedents

Friendly coworkers, very laid back and relaxed work atmosphere.

As an undergraduate student taking on an internship, I felt like I had little to offer in terms of experience and skills, and instead took it as an experience to learn from professionals

My supervisor was very chatty, friendly and easy to get along with

Workloads varied drastically on a week to week basis

There were a few other interns and apprentices at my work, along with a supervising manager who worked beneath my boss - and it was a very small company! So the bigger workloads were taken on by more senior staff and the smaller tasks were shared out between the inexperienced interns.

I am still studying and yet to finish my degree, but I certainly feel more confident having stepped into the industry, worked with professionals and participated in real life cases.

Everyone worked better when they plugged their music in and concentrated on their own work, so it was quiet.

Absolute did a great job of matching people with their desired industries as best as they could; most people got a job in their field.

I was only there for a month, and it was a small firm with few staff.

Still studying, and will need to complete a post-graduate course in order to get qualified, but I hope my future prospects are bright.

Everyone made friends very quickly, and Absolute did a great job of pairing up housemates based on personality test scores. Everyone got along well and would always hang out together after work.

China is super cheap! If you come from a Western country, you can live life like a billionaire!

So much awesome nightlife in Shanghai - every night is ladies night somewhere, and every hour is happy hour!

Absolute organised weekend trips and dinners throughout the week to get everyone together.