Contact suppliers and organise events for potential customers.
Work on advertising projects for companies who wanted to break through the Asian market
Proof reading and re-branding
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my placement to the fullest extent, company was amazing, right in the heart of Pudong! It was an inspiration to walk into the office everyday.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues always supported me whenever I needed help, really friendly throughout my placement with a lot of knowledge to share, never had arguments and teamwork was always strongly present.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The supervisors were always in constant contact and always available for whatever question or project I had to deal with. Great people with a lot of influence about my future decisions and guidance. Always willing to help no matter if they were busy or not.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Work was always available whenever you had free time, and you could always join other projects and give in advice which was always heard and valued.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The responsibility which I had was major due to the fact the company I was working for was an international company with direct trading links to the US.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Due to my placement with Absolute internship, I developed further my communication and organisational skills which also raised my culture awareness and expanded my mind into such a way which at the moment is helping me a lot with my post graduate degree, my thesis seems easier due to this experience.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Lovely staff with always a nice warm welcome to always greet you with respect. Very friendly and always there for assistance, sociable to a great extent. Fresh flowers and a tremendous view of Pudong as soon as you entered the office. Never was there an awkward silence or arguments.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship as a whole was organised like a computer start up. That's the only way I can describe how every single detail was taking into consideration and processed seamlessly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested into me deeply because they were always handing me projects which were vital for the company and took small business trips in order for me to personally develop my skills.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Personally I wasn't pursuing an employment place within the organisation at the time of my placement, but if I was to pursue that from the beginning then the difficulty would had been moderate.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene was the most amazing experience ever encountered in my life. Exchange of contact details and dinners was really frequent.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I was working at the heart of Pudong and compared to London, it was kind of the same when it came to food, but quantities where larger in general, a lot of western people which you would easily talk to while going out for lunch
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife was absurdly incredible, never had I experienced anything like that and I have traveled throughout Europe as a whole. Very cheap and quality was insane!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Personally I did volunteer work, teaching orphans how to speak English, there were always network events which I got invited to and exchanged a lot of business cards with really important people if I consider going back to china