Scholar - Audit at Deloitte

Placement (5-9 Months)
Manchester

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for Deloitte

4.1/5

4.3
4.1
3.9

Spent 7 months of gap year on the Deloitte graduate programme. Attended financial college for 3 weeks and learnt first 2 ACA modules. Went to audit clients and spoke with management to check that financial statements had been prepared properly

I was given the opportunity to perform the same work as a graduate, even though I had not gone to University yet, meaning that I learnt alot and was supported the whole time when I didn't understand.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at Deloitte

I know that my work was appreciated, although working in different teams each week makes it harder to get to know people really well.

I always had people on my team with different levels of experience that would help me when I was confused by what I was meant to be doing.

There were a few days when I had to stay late and had lots of work, and others when I was left with not much to do, but this is just the nature of being on an audit job, and we would be able to leave early when we didnt have work, to make up for the days when we stayed late.

For my age and experience I was really impressed with how much responsibility I was given, and had the chance to interview senior management of large companies to report back to my mangers. It was great experience and helped me to learn alot.

The experience of working in a professional environment and being trained to understand accountancy is a skill that has helped me apply for more internships at University and get more experience

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at Deloitte

Everyone was nice, but there was a hard working atmosphere

It was extremely well organised, and the training we were given at financial college was really high quality

We had a whole month of training before starting the job, and even when we were working, there were opportunities to attend further training sessions for excel skills or presentation skills.

The scheme is great because you can skip out all stages of the application for graduate jobs and just have a partner interview following this internship scheme.

We were sent away on 2 social weekends to get to know all the interns in the country, and many of us have stayed in touch after the placement

We could pick which area of the country we wanted to be placed in meaning we could live at home to save money

The same as in any other big city!

There was alot of socialising with employees but not many extra activities were organised.