Tasks have included:
* Powerpoint presentations for various structure and reporting proposals
* Investigations into correlations to help future modelling
* Assistance in adhoc analysis projects
* Budget preparation
* Accoutns preparation
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
A great experience. I learned a huge amount about both Finance, the Asset Management Industry and developed a variety of skills, all whilst making great friends.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was treated as an equal member of the team, regardless of my temporary and beginner position.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It ranged daily. Some days I would have little work in my deaprtment, so would get on with my Intern Project set throughout the period. Other days I would be satying late and working through my lunch hour.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was extremely friendly and approachable.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had training sessions throughout the internship to develop a variety of personal and technical skills.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I will definitely be applying to the Graduate Scheme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We were given a large social budget to spend on intern events. We went to WIndsor races and Laser Quest.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is an expensive place to live and socialise.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London has a vibrant nightlife. The interns usually just stuck to a few drinks after work though.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?