Transfer Pricing at Deloitte

Accountancy Auditing/Tax

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

7.1/10

6.5

Dealing with transfer pricing issues
Writing reports
Taking minutes
Looking up legislation in various books (Tolley's for example) and applying them to the client's specific situation.

It gave me a lot of first hand experience so I could see if the role was for me. Some of the work was boring, but it is to be expected - you are not going to be given high risk work as an intern.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

You will never be able to predict this - it depends on the size of your department, the complexity of the work, and even who's team you end up being assigned to. I felt valued and tasks were explained to me so I got them, but I know others that had different experiences.

I was assigned a buddy, who was a first year. She was really helpful and honest. I was also assigned a performance manager, who was nice too but also toed the party line more.

I was never expected to work any longer than 0930 to 1730.

I was given tasks to do that were important, but I could tell if I somehow managed not to complete them, it would be easy for them to quickly find someone else to do it, or do it themselves.

They did not actively develop skills I did not already have - it was more a case of getting to put those skills into practice in a professional environment. For that fact, it was useful.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

Relaxed among people you knew, but quite serious otherwise. Deloitte seems to be a very driven place, which may sacrifices any sense of relaxation.

Quite organised. The onboarding process was good, we knew what to expect on Day 1 - they had great events to meet people. And being initiated into departments was good.

We had a few training sessions.

Quite appealling - GREAT brand on the CV and lots of opportunity within the firm.

The interns were the BEST - we really bonded. I may keep in touch with actual staff after the internship but that would be more formal of course.

It's London - being on an internship did not really change the places I socialised in.

London - goes without saying! Just wish the Tube ran a skeleton service till 3am at the very least.

There are CSR initiatives and lots of volunteering. You can take your pick to be honest! I would like to get involved in graduate recruitment and taking the grads out to lunch and so on if possible.