Summer Vacation Student at Deloitte

Newcastle Upon Tyne North East

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

8.3/10

I have worked for 3 weeks in audit and 3 weeks in corporate tax.

In audit I worked at the client's site doing testing and working for the fixed assets team (as well as various other small tasks for other teams.)

In corporate tax I have been finalising computations for two large companies. I have also done some proof reading and drafted emails as well as acquring information from the companies house website and perfect information.

I have enjoyed the tasks I have been set.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

All my colleagues have been very welcoming and friendly

I haven't really needed support or guidance from management as tasks have been clear and I haven't needed to ask

For the most part I have been very busy. I have been given various different tasks I have only been quiet a couple of times.

I feel I have been given a lot of responsibility on my placement, doing important things to help with actual clients. I have been told that I have done some of the same things as full time staff.

The placement has allowed me to learn various skills which will aid me in my future career and degree. As the placement in audit and tax this links in well with my degree course and will hopefully benefit me in the years to come.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

Everyone was really friendly and the atmosphere in the office was very good

I had buddies and champions arranged and I knew exactly where I had to be and when.

Deloitte cared about my development and invested time in training with various people.

I am hoping to get a job with Deloitte following a partner interview.

There have been a lot of lunches and some nights out

Newcastle is a reasonable area in terms of prices for nights out...etc

There are a lot of restaurants and clubs

There are social clubs and nights out as well as lunches during the day.