Analysing market conditions, runnings models on company finances, preparing powepoint pages for pitch meetings.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Overall, a great insight.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The analyst I was shadowing was particuarly helpful in the first couple of weeks and took a great deal of time to explain the work I was doing.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The work varied; on some days I was occupied constantly from 9am until midnight with only a brief break for lunch, and on others I had periods of time during the day where I was waiting to be staffed on a project.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The amount of responsibility I have been given has increased significantly over the past few weeks.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My improved handle of Excel is the skill that will be most useful for future studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The team were very welcoming and there was a great sense of community among the workers.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The training week was very well organised. Overall, I think that the internship is well structured as personal assignments and feedback are placed at various intervals over the course of the 10 weeks.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot of time was dedicated to showing the interns how the industry works as a whole, with a particular focus on how each of the departments within the firm supported the others. There were numerous tutorials throughout the placement from senior memebers of UBS which provided a great insight.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The office seems to be a very pleasant palce to work, I definitely would not be averse to taking a job here, if offered one.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
A couple of intern events in the form of drinks evenings and lunch time activities were arranged. The community project undertaken was also a greta way to meet other interns across different departments.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living in London is generally quite high, which was not helped by the coincidence of the placement with the 2012 Olympics
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Numerous bars and restaurants in the area
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There appears to be more opportunities for male workers as far as sports socials are concerned.