Internship in IBD at UBS

UBS is a Top Employer

6.3/10

6.0

5.2

Analysing market conditions, runnings models on company finances, preparing powepoint pages for pitch meetings.

Overall, a great insight.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

The analyst I was shadowing was particuarly helpful in the first couple of weeks and took a great deal of time to explain the work I was doing.

The work varied; on some days I was occupied constantly from 9am until midnight with only a brief break for lunch, and on others I had periods of time during the day where I was waiting to be staffed on a project.

The amount of responsibility I have been given has increased significantly over the past few weeks.

My improved handle of Excel is the skill that will be most useful for future studies.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

The team were very welcoming and there was a great sense of community among the workers.

The training week was very well organised. Overall, I think that the internship is well structured as personal assignments and feedback are placed at various intervals over the course of the 10 weeks.

A lot of time was dedicated to showing the interns how the industry works as a whole, with a particular focus on how each of the departments within the firm supported the others. There were numerous tutorials throughout the placement from senior memebers of UBS which provided a great insight.

The office seems to be a very pleasant palce to work, I definitely would not be averse to taking a job here, if offered one.

A couple of intern events in the form of drinks evenings and lunch time activities were arranged. The community project undertaken was also a greta way to meet other interns across different departments.

The cost of living in London is generally quite high, which was not helped by the coincidence of the placement with the 2012 Olympics

Numerous bars and restaurants in the area

There appears to be more opportunities for male workers as far as sports socials are concerned.