Intern at UBS

Accountancy Banking - Investment Banking/Finance

UBS is a Top Employer

6.1/10

4.8

Assisting the analysts on projects they are working on - daily work includes requesting and sorting info from the Info Centre, updating and enhancing Excel models, researching markets and companies, and updating/creating PowerPoint slides for pitchbooks.

Work very interesting and learnt an incredible amount.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Given a lot of responsibility work-wise. Team spirit and banter also very good.

Buddy gave some advice whenever I requested it.

Tough one because that is the nature of the business. For an IBD analyst, the work naturally comes in waves.

Making my own slides from scratch in my third week for a pitchbook is an example.

There is no better place to learn that IBD, and I am especially lucky to have been placed in the TMT team, where I have had exposure to a broad range of companies and deals.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Decent mix, quiet enough to concentrate on your work but you could always have a chat with your colleagues if you weren't too busy.

Mainly good, although some training seminars were not very well organised.

Almost daily seminars, and a full week of training at the start.

There are spaces for all that impress on this team.

To some extent, although being in IBD left less time for social events than if I had done my internship in another division with shorter hours, such as HR, Operations or even Sales & Trading, who are known for having wild nights on a Friday.

Pretty expensive, although again my only real social occasion was grabbing a bite to eat for lunch.

Wouldn't know, as stated above. But it's London, what do you think?! There are bars, pubs and clubs on every corner - you're spoilt for choice.

Community affairs project/city clue treasure hunt, university alumni drinks but other than that, not too much.