SVS Summer intern- Consulting at Deloitte

Business Analytics Business Management Management Consultancy

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

5.9/10

5.4

My compenency was in Technology consulting. I was based at the client site throughout which was quite unusual but I enjoyed it because it let me see first hand consultant/client interaction. My role involved contributing to reports, slide decks and preparing for workshop days in which the consultants and clients discussed problems in the company and possible solutions.

Not all that I was expecting. Some days were intense and busy, others more chilled out.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

I was given responsibilities including inputs to client deliverables.

Extremely supportive atmosphere. Despite being extremely busy, my manager sat down on more than one occasion with me to discuss any questions I had about the company and my prospects.

Very stop/start. Compared to revising for university finals I found the pace slow and I was often bored.

A lot of responsibility given to me to produce client-ready documents and Power Point slide decks. I was absoutely made to feel a valuable part of the team.

Some life skills, but not relevant to my degree (engineering) despite being involved in the "Technology" competency of consultancy.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

I was based on the client site, which was less fun than the Deloitte offices!

Extremely well organised with lots of feedback sessions and useful training events.

Training events organised at least once a week which were extremely helpful for core skills such as presentations.

The placement was not what I suspected so I decided not to go for a graduate role- I decided I wanted something more relevant to my degree (engineering).

Many social events organised which were fun and informal. Also a team-building day at the very beginning meant we have all ended up as good friends!

I stayed with family so lived for free. Food and drink not as expensive as I had feared in London.

Only went for drinks after work but it was vibrant and buzzing!

Not enough was done to make us aware of activities outside of work, if there were any.