Operations Intern at Eaton

Cwmbran Wales
Engineering

8.6/10

Working within the Operations department. Operations is a broad term to cover manufacturing basically. I got involved with several departments, Quality department technical department as well as production. In quality I looked at things like return requests. product shipment audits and supplier quality. In techincal I looked at the way we test products and also got involved with some NPI's, new products. Production I looked at more lean based duties such as improving change over and other process's that happen in the factory.

Thoroughly enjoyed my placement year. It has been a great experiance and I would recommend anyone to do one.

You quickly become one of the team and given responibility straight away.

Monthly reviews are conducted giving you feedback which really helps. Your supervisor will always be there to help you out.

As you settle in the work load increases which I think is a good thing as this will test your time management and ability to meet deadlines.

If you prove yourself capable the company will provide you with as much responsibility as possible which is rewarding.

I think a placement year is invaluabe in terms of the experiance you gain.

A good balance of fun and work all year.

Very well structured around various training throughout the year and monthly and quarterly reviews to make sure you are still on track.

High amount of training provided, usefull training which will help you in future life.

I have been accepted onto cooper's graduate scheme. There is always the oppertunity for a placement student to be accepted onto the graduate scheme provided you impress throughout the year!

Yes, Iived with 2 others working at Cooper so we often socialised, other events such as xmas parties and leaving do's etc also meant that we would socialise in a big group

We lived in the capital city Cardiff so things were slightly more expensive than around work it self but still cheaper than when im at university.

As above we were based in cardiff rather than close to work.

I lived with 2 other guys working at Cooper so we generally had a good social life outside of work.