- 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
- Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development
- 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
- Please rate how insightful you found the insight
- How would you rate the structure of the insight
- How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight
- 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the networking opportunities?
- Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?
- 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Savills
- 7. Would you recommend Savills to a friend?
- 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Savills
Most days I went out with a member of a various department and shadowed them on their job and learnt what they were doing. I also had a lot of office work where I helped (mainly the grads) with the projects they were currently working on. When I had a lull in the work I worked on an excel document I had, doing comparables.
- communication - am much better on excel - confidence in an office environment - how to do comparables - how to do an inspection - how to use land app - some basic skills with contracts such as how to read them correctly and how to fill in some basic contractual forms - how to tour houses with agents
It was interesting to see which sectors grabbed me and which ones I wasn't so interested in through the developmental zoom calls that we had. I was surprised by how many different areas there were and it definitely gave me a lot to think about regarding future job opportunities.
Amazing! Everyone was very kind and welcoming and helped me whenever I got stuck with something. I was invited to lots of work events and really made to feel like part of the team despite the fact I was only there for a month. The willingness of the wider company departments to talk to the summer scheme students on the zooms etc showed me how willing everyone is to help each other.
I thoroughly enjoyed the insight programme.
Just be yourself, grades are important but being someone that's easy to work with and easy to get on with is more important!
Insight / Vacation Scheme (< 4 Weeks)