Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Savills
- 7. Would you recommend Savills to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Savills
As a Summer Scheme student, I experienced what it was like to be on the graduate programme and received some great exposure to a number of areas within the company. As this was a rotational summer scheme I got experience in a number of different departments (ratings, property management, development and valuation). The tasks varied from looking at leases to doing site inspections.
I developed a number of industry related skills and professional skills. Working in the corporate environment allowed me to build off my current skillset and develop skills such as telephone etiquette and note taking in meetings. This role has provided me with valuable insight into the industry and contributed to me applying for the graduate scheme.
I was given a number of tasks to help assist with projects, these tasks ranged from collecting information for client portfolios to reading leases to ensure tenants are complying with the clauses in the agreements.
Support & Guidance
A number of talks were put on giving department overviews which were very insightful. A mid placement review was given which gave me the chance to ask any questions I had. All the graduates in each team were so lovely and helpful. I would say meeting and speaking the graduates was the most valuable part of the whole summer scheme.
The atmosphere and company culture was very inviting and offered many networking opportunities.
I really enjoyed my internship and working alongside all the different teams. The summer scheme has encouraged me to apply for the graduate scheme.
Connect with employees on LinkedIn and get advice on the application process. Know what the APC is and do your research on the company.
Internship (1-4 Months)