Research Assistant at Bank of England

Banking/Finance

Bank of England is a Top Employer

7.3/10

5.5

I really enjoyed working at the Bank.

It has a great culture and ethos, although a bit under-resourced at times.

The building is excellent and the environment very collegiate. It was good to see flexible working hours, and, opportunities to work from home.

Most team members were very appreciative of my efforts and thanked me for my work.

I was lucky enough to work with a team that helped me through the learning process, although some colleagues did take me for granted and were not very appreciative.

My manager helped me massively with my career development, giving me tips on how to improve, and meeting regularly to check for an update on how I was getting on.

There were times where I felt I could be managed better.

My team was exceptionally busy and seemed to have all of the Department's high level priorities for the year! This is a exception though.

A lot! I wrote two papers as the lead author for the Bank's main policy comittees.

I have learned so much and developed so much from my time at the Bank.

I've developed career skills from time management and project management and a written and analytical skills set that will stand me in good stead for the future.

Often very quiet.

HR organised us fairly well with our managers and did check up on us ocassionally.

The Bank allowed me to go on a secondment to Supervision as a chance to explore my interests.
My manager gave me development points to work on which were helpful.

Very appealing. I plan to go back as an economist in the International Directorate.

Pretty good. We met up and had socials. Not too often though.

Very high, it's Central London!

Very good! Didn't go out too much though because of money.

We managed to organise some football among other students. It was either not that well advertised or I missed it.