1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Thoroughly enjoyable and valuable experience, being put on rotation allowed me to discover the various roles of different teams within the company.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All members took the time to introduce themselves and made sure I felt welcome.Many surveyors took the time to take me on site visits, meetings and explain tasks for me to complete despite their very busy schedules.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Weekly catch ups took place with my mentor in the office to make sure I was on track and was busy enough, admin team also were very supportive in helping me stay organised ( book meeting rooms, putting appointments in your calendar etc.)or help if I had an issue at any point.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Varied day to day always had a task to complete and during the day various surveyors would come and take me to meetings/site visits and some days I had various deadlines to work to.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given reports and tasks to complete independently including calling up various agents and companies on behalf of Savills to inquire for information so I got a real experience of the life of a graduate within the company.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed further understanding,skills and knowledge on what I had previously studied in my property degree as well as learning completely new skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Friendly, professional but also relaxed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very organised compared to previous placements I had done the rotation was seamless.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Surveyors took the time to explain tasks and what they do in their team. Most teams made sure they took me out on a site visit/meeting at least once during my time in the office.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Speaking to graduates they seemed very happy and supported during the APC.Being in a regional office graduates had the opportunity to go to London for APC study days and had regular catch ups with their mentor as well as study leave for their APC.In the regional offices graduates also had a more flexible rotation were teams could accommodate the graduate depending on their preferences.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The office organised a networking/good bye breakfast for when I left and as well as having several social and network opportunities during the month.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?