Intern - on grad scheme at Savills

Property/Real Estate Property/Real Estate Property/Real Estate

Savills is a Top Employer

9.2/10

Intern - shadowing a graduate

I absolutely loved the insight program, it was a really fantastic week.

I felt extremely valued during my time at the firm. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. I was really treated as a member of the team and was involved in social events outside of working hours. The firm has a fantastic spirit and 'culture'. Given the fact that I was only there for one week I built some strong relationships.

I was given as much guidance and support during the week as I required. Everyone was very supportive. However I was also given the freedom to work and learn independently which was brilliant and really appreciated.

The skills that I learned and developed, and the information I received will assist me in my degree hugely. The work that I did during the week provided real life applications for things that I have been studying at university. Most importantly it gave me more of an insight into potential career paths and options upon finishing my studies.

The insight program was very well structured. There were a number of 'events' and presentations timetabled throughout the week. In-between these I shadowed a graduate surveyor (on the grad. scheme) and worked with a team within the firm. I worked with several different members of the team on different projects and went on a site visit.

The atmosphere was really great; this is one of the really brilliant things about the company. Everyone is friendly and there is a real community spirit; both in the office, and socially. The firm is vibrant and energetic. The main office in London ( Margaret Street) is wonderful, and the central hubs and social areas help to bring people from all of the different teams together. There is also a very 'hard working' atmosphere, the offices are busy and productive.

The company absolutely invested in me throughout the week. A lot of effort went in on behalf of the company to accommodate me and provide me with exposure to a range of different aspects of/ and individuals within the company.

The insight really helped me to understand what it would be like to have full time role within the company. I was exposed to a number of different teams/ departments and everyday working life within these.

I was really treated as a member of the team and was involved in social events outside of the working hours. The firm has a fantastic spirit and 'culture'.

The content of the placement was very helpful in helping me to decide on my career path. It reaffirmed what I had already thought and provided further exposure to a fantastic and dynamic firm at the heart of both UK and global property.

I was reimbursed travel/ food expenses up to £100 for the week, this was adequate and a real positive.

Yes, there were lots of opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company. There were several scheduled events during the week (drinks with the current grads. and a networking lunch with some of the companies 'fee earners'). There was also plenty of opportunity to socialize around the office, and I socialized with a number of the employees outside of working hours.

The networking and social opportunities were really good. I had the opportunity to speak to people on the grad scheme and also to a range of high level professionals/ directors/ fee earners etc. This was both really useful (from a practical career point of view) but also very pleasant and interesting.

Yes, and I was involved in some of these.

Yes I would absolutely recommend this insight to a friend. It was extremely engaging, informative and enjoyable.