1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Enjoyed my placement much more than I though I would. The company is very supportive and the environment is really positive.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Found my role added value to the business thus meaning I felt valued my most if not all of my colleagues.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was extremely supportive as I felt I could approach her with any issue I had. I had regular 1-1 meetings and my manager was always available day to day if I had any queries.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Initially I wasn't very busy in my role however once I asked for more responsibility I found I had enough to do without feeling like I was overworked.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
After a few months my role progressed as did my responsibility. I felt like for a placement student I had a good level of responsibility that I could manage.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have developed my IT and excel skill drastically during my time at Randstad which will immensely assist me when I go back to university and most jobs in the future. Through being a part of a business in a day to day life I have increased my commercial awareness and understanding of how a business works.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very positive and as it was quite a young age range in the office it was a good place to work as part of a placement as I didn't feel really young compared to most people.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I would say the placement at Randstad wasn't as organised as some other companies may be as it was more of a full time job role however this is probably more beneficial to your learning and value the placement gives you.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had a placement training 2 days at the UK's head office with all the placement students throughout the business. I found this really helpful as we got to meet all of the students from other business lines which was a great way of networking. There is a lot of e-learning you can embark upon during your year so I would say training and development is strong at Randstad.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very, you get what you put in at Randstad and it is clear to see a progression path within the company.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, as the office was quite a young age range there was a lot of social opportunities and within the office itself there were frequent nights out.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Centre of Manchester so quite expensive however I commuted from home so it wasn't a problem for me.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Really good as it is a major city.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lots of team nights out and socialising opportunities at lunch time.