Administrator/Operational analyst at Randstad

Manchester North West
Information Technology Mathematics/Statistics

6.6/10

Front of house and MI reporting

Enjoyed my placement much more than I though I would. The company is very supportive and the environment is really positive.

Found my role added value to the business thus meaning I felt valued my most if not all of my colleagues.

My manager was extremely supportive as I felt I could approach her with any issue I had. I had regular 1-1 meetings and my manager was always available day to day if I had any queries.

Initially I wasn't very busy in my role however once I asked for more responsibility I found I had enough to do without feeling like I was overworked.

After a few months my role progressed as did my responsibility. I felt like for a placement student I had a good level of responsibility that I could manage.

I have developed my IT and excel skill drastically during my time at Randstad which will immensely assist me when I go back to university and most jobs in the future. Through being a part of a business in a day to day life I have increased my commercial awareness and understanding of how a business works.

Very positive and as it was quite a young age range in the office it was a good place to work as part of a placement as I didn't feel really young compared to most people.

I would say the placement at Randstad wasn't as organised as some other companies may be as it was more of a full time job role however this is probably more beneficial to your learning and value the placement gives you.

We had a placement training 2 days at the UK's head office with all the placement students throughout the business. I found this really helpful as we got to meet all of the students from other business lines which was a great way of networking. There is a lot of e-learning you can embark upon during your year so I would say training and development is strong at Randstad.

Very, you get what you put in at Randstad and it is clear to see a progression path within the company.

Yes, as the office was quite a young age range there was a lot of social opportunities and within the office itself there were frequent nights out.

Centre of Manchester so quite expensive however I commuted from home so it wasn't a problem for me.

Really good as it is a major city.

Lots of team nights out and socialising opportunities at lunch time.