Pricing Analyst at Shell

Energy

6.8/10

5.2

Intern

I really enjoyed my 12 week internship at Shell.
The department I was placed in was very similar to my course, something that was very pleasing.
The work I undertook had a real relevance and impact to the business, which made it all the more interesting/challenging.

I regularly had meetings with colleagues individually, along with frequent whole team meetings as well. I felt in these meetings my opinions were valued and appreciated.
Moreover, if a colleague tasked me to do something, I could sense they had faith in me that I would deliver exactly what they were looking for.

Although I was the only team member in London, if I ever had any problems I could contact my supervisor or mentor with ease. Although they were incredibly busy people, I was given help most of the time upon asking or if not instantly then certainly by the end of the day.

Throughout the internship, my workload increased as time went on. However, it rarely exceeded my capacity. Some days I was less busy, however this was made up for by having more work a different day. Overall I had a near perfect balance of nearly always having something to do (although not pressing) but never having to much I couldn't finish it.

My project I was tasked with had the potential to affect the business from a monetary point of view, but mainly impacted my department/team from an internal basis. However, this was expected as, as an intern you could only expect so much responsibility. Overall my project will certainly aid the team, however without it the team would not have fallen apart.

In terms of skills I gained for the workplace, I can say these were invaluable. The next time I have an office job, I will feel much more confident going into the first day (compared to how I did at Shell) due to the skills and experience I gained by working at Shell.

Mostly everyone working, but social at times, especially at lunch.

Set project from the start shows organisation, however being the only team member In London shows some lack of organisation.

Supervisor and Mentor sought to teach me a lot. However it was just them who helped me

Very - good salary + enjoyable work

Yes, loads of colleagues my age with similar interests.

Expensive as Centre of London, but very nice scene

London nightlife very good, although expensive

Not much