Retail Engineering Intern at Shell

Science/Research

8.3/10

Research innovations for retail sites at Shell

Everyone was very welcoming, and I had strong guidance throughout. I was given my own project, and felt valued within my team. I have developed a wide set of skills from working at Shell.

My team were very supportive and offered excellent guidance both on my project at Shell, and on my personal development. Almost all people at Shell are willing to have a 30 minute catch-up with you and share information about what they do.

Lots of support throughout the internship.

This was slow at the beginning, but once I was settled in I had lots to do. I didn't have to wait to be given work because i had my own project.

The best thing about the internship was the independence that I was given. I felt valued, but also knew that I was able to reach out for support and guidance.

I think the main skills I developed were communicating in a corporate environment, so perhaps not in my degree studies but certainly beyond.

Everyone was happy and supportive. Perhaps expect a lot of the team to be abroad, so not face-to-face meetings with people.

Everything was organised well, and I always had things to do.

Not only was I supported with my project, but also given support on my CV, interview skills and other personal development areas.

I enjoyed the working environment, the independence and trust I was given, as well as the opportunities to learn about a wide range of businesses within Shell.

This was largely created independently, however the interns organised weekly lunches and after-work drinks. Great social atmosphere.

London prices. However, I was lucky to be able to live at home during the placement, so this saved some costs.

Very good.

Lots of extravagant events, and after work drinks.