1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Everyone was very welcoming, and I had strong guidance throughout. I was given my own project, and felt valued within my team. I have developed a wide set of skills from working at Shell.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team were very supportive and offered excellent guidance both on my project at Shell, and on my personal development. Almost all people at Shell are willing to have a 30 minute catch-up with you and share information about what they do.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Lots of support throughout the internship.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
This was slow at the beginning, but once I was settled in I had lots to do. I didn't have to wait to be given work because i had my own project.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The best thing about the internship was the independence that I was given. I felt valued, but also knew that I was able to reach out for support and guidance.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think the main skills I developed were communicating in a corporate environment, so perhaps not in my degree studies but certainly beyond.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was happy and supportive. Perhaps expect a lot of the team to be abroad, so not face-to-face meetings with people.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything was organised well, and I always had things to do.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Not only was I supported with my project, but also given support on my CV, interview skills and other personal development areas.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I enjoyed the working environment, the independence and trust I was given, as well as the opportunities to learn about a wide range of businesses within Shell.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
This was largely created independently, however the interns organised weekly lunches and after-work drinks. Great social atmosphere.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London prices. However, I was lucky to be able to live at home during the placement, so this saved some costs.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lots of extravagant events, and after work drinks.