Summer Analyst at UBS

Banking - Investment
UBS is a Top Employer

8.7/10

Investment Banking Intern

I enjoyed it very much. IB allows you to push your boundaries and learn a lot in a condensed period of time.

The people were great and inspiring.

It was a good balance between being guided enough and also being given the freedom to use your own judgement.

Very much, although there were some quiet days as well due to the generally quieter summer period.

Sometimes more, sometimes less - overall more than I expected. I was very happy with the amount of responsibility, trust and client exposure.

I developed a very large set of skills during the past 8 weeks. I didn't know much before and I had an incredibly steep learning curve.

Very good atmosphere. This is one of the few companies that actually lives what it says in terms of culture. People are willing to collaborate and challenge each other. The hierarchy is relatively flat and seniors are approachable.

Very well organized. We had socials, training sessions and talks. Generally the organization of feedback processes and team allocation worked well, too. 3 Feedback questionnaires in 8 weeks was maybe a little much, but better than less.

The firm invested a great deal in us and provided us plenty of opportunity to socialize with each other, other teams and colleagues.
Especially the talks across other teams or business divisions were great and allowed us to learn more about the industry in general.

Technically, everyone in the internship could receive a job offer if he/she is willing to work hard and convinces with their work. There is a final case that has to be completed in order to pass to the final stage of the process.

We all had very different personalities and background which made the social life enriching, inspiring and fun. The atmosphere was open, collaborative and positive. Actually the colleagues and peers were the best and most important aspect of the internship.

London in general is very expensive compared to other European cities. But Shoreditch is still relativey affordable and offers a very attractive social life.

Great - plenty of bars, restaurants, cafes and markets. Many young people live around there and it is a creative, alternative neighborhood with great freetime value.

Well, working hours are demanding but there are plenty of opportunities once you do have the free time to enjoy them.