7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The site itself operates as a small community & formal/informal relationships are fostered throughout the year. In turn, if you are ever stumped, someone is available to provide advice.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I could not recommend the intern program highly enough! Further to the daily learnings in your role, seperate courses on leadership / presentation skills & project management are included over the placement year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A great deal. Due to the small intern cohort, each intern is provided training sessions on Eaton attributes over the year. Further to this, the locally used programs are taught upon entering the placement.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I hope to return within Eaton's life safety division & involve myself in projects concerning product management, digital / commercial marketing.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Due to the small number of interns per site, each intern group becomes close to one another. Further to this, I have joined a weekly football team coined 'Eaton United' & thoroughly particpating in the Cardiff 5aside tournament.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cost of living is cheap around the site itself (Cwmbran). Alternatively you may commute from Bristol / Cardiff.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Having never explored the night scene offered in and around Cardiff, I was pleasently suprised. The city is thriving with people, especially on football / rugby game days.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, but due to the site being fairly small, I would reach out to external opportuntities offered around where you are living.
Imagine yourself working at Eaton
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton