Operations Intern at Eaton

4.1/10

3.5
4.2

4.8

It was good to experiance an aersospace manufacturing enviroment and broadly understand how the manufacturing sector operates, however, I do not think I was challenged enough with the daily work I was given.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

I believe my opinions were valued when I had input to give and everyone listened to me and took my ideas into consideration, however, I dont think people had time to coach me and did not trust me with a veriaty of work to carry out. Overall, the people that work here was the best part of the placement.

It was difficult to find time for my team to give me work and coach me. This could be because I was not persistant enough in trying to find work.

I did not recieve enough work over the time of the placement. The firsrt 3 months started off very slow where I did not have much to do and did not feel valued. My managers were always busy and I feel like I could have done some of their work if I was trained and coached to do it. After some time I was getting more work however, it flactuated from primarily days were I did not have any daily work, to days were I was fairly busy. I did not have enough daily tasks overall.

I was not given enough variety and challenge in the work I did therefore, I did not have the responsobilities that come with the variety of work

I believe I have mostly developed my transferable skills like communication, deligation and also general knowledge of how a manufacturing plant operates. I do not think this will benefit me in my studies however, it will be very useful after I graduate and look for a full time postion. Understanding how the a corporate company functions will allow me to ask more questions in the interview stage and try to find a job I will enjoy. I also learnt to be more proactive in my approach to finding work.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

The atmosphere was very good. Everyone is helpfil regardless of what floor or building they work in and everyone did the work if I asked.

I believe my site was not ready for interns and did not know what to do with me. I did not have any daily work and I was not coached or pushed to do anything out of my comfort zone. I do not believe I grew as an emloyee over my placment due to the lack of work and responsobilities.

I mainly wanted to develop through on the job experiance however that was very limited. I was not offered any certified courses however, I do not think that would be useful because of my lack of on the job experiance. Occasional training courses were somewhat useful.

I did not enjoy working at the Titchfield site and I believe the system of how Titchfield is ran is bad. I do not think there is much room for growth and development at Titchfield.

All placment students were friendly, helpful and we occasionally met outside of work.

In Titchfield there is not much to do socially except meet with people from work. The house prices are above average and other costs are average.

Pubs usually closed at 11 pm. Other than that there was not nightlife.

It was hard to find weekend league football clubs without a car due to having to travel for training and matches. There was a free gym open until late.