Field Sales Intern at PepsiCo

Bristol South West
Sales

7.7/10

Field Sales Internship:
A 12-week field sales internship frontline selling to customers, managing a geographical area and visiting local cafes, delis and local newsagents such as Premier, Costcutter, and Nisa to increase the distribution of Walkers, Tropicana and Quaker products.

Great company culture!!! An invaluable opportunity to work for a global FMCG, whilst gaining an insight into the world of sales.

The support network is good, you are set up with a buddy, mentor, and manager, not to forget your internship managers as well.

You were out in the field on your own which was a bit daunting at first but the manager was always at the end of the phone.

Targets were high but 100% achievable.

I was surprised with the amount of responsibility given to you. After one week training, you were given your own vehicle and your own call file to follow. There was definitely no shadowing.

N/A I had already completed my studies before enrolling on the internship.

Not based in the office. You are on your own day to day, so if you like working directly with someone this is not the role for you.

Organised well in some places but there was a lot of confusion regarding our call files in the first week, also there was a long lead time in reclaiming your expenses which are not ideal for a skint student.

Training and care was good, received training from lead directors in the business.

Very appealing. Their graduate program excels individuals through the business.

Everyone in the placement had a facebook group to connect each other through. PepsiCo even took us to festivals to promote the product.

Worked in my area and stayed at home so costs were low.

Worked at home so was brill

Minimal as we were all regional based, I'm pretty sure the London gang socialised outside of work.