Operations Summer Intern at UBS

Banking - Investment

UBS is a Top Employer

7.1/10

Internship in UBS Operations - involved lots PEx project work. This meant lots of analysis of data and suggesting areas from improvement.

I enjoyed my work and the team was great. However, there were times when it was a tad dull.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Generally, had a very good relationship with my team and manager and I was able to make a constructive impact. My opinion was valued in group discussions.

I had several conversations with my manager about my strengths and weaknesses (more than most other interns). I was allowed to experiment but also perfectly able to ask for help when needed,

I was fairly busy all the time bar the last week which I spent wrapping up loose ends

I was given a large project to conduct myself. Once I had completed this I took on a responsibility for coordinating and pushing forward another project my manager had been working on.

I have progressed hugely with my organizational and project management skills which will help me balance my studies in my final year. In addition the problem-solving and communication skills I have developed will be invaluable when I leave university.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

It was reasonably relaxed, especially on Fridays when we sent out for food. We also had Ops Funday with Office golf etc.

I think there were areas for improvement (the amount of work people were given was left to the discretion of their manager and consequently some people may have missed out.

We had a week of training at the start and then then ongoing meetings every Wednesday. These were dull but informative. A lot of the training was on the job and the amount of it was driven largely by myself.

I have an offer and will probably accept.

I made a decent group of friends during the internship and we went out at weekends as well as for after work drinks.

Working in the city it was obviously very expensive. However, we were paid handsomely and so could afford to go out regularly.

I was living in Central London so the nightlife was excellent. Only downside being the cost and the fact that London is so spread out.

I think there were but I didn't really take advantage and I don't know of any interns who did.