Operations Intern at Eaton

Sutton-In-Ashfield East Midlands
Design Engineering

Eaton is a Top Employer

7.7/10

To assist the R&D, VAVE and production Teams on various Engineering Projects.

I enjoyed my placement a lot. It gave me a great opportunity to learn new skills as well as improve upon existing ones. I feel that I have learnt more about industry this year than University has taught me. If you are looking for a dynamic placement that offers support, opportunity and knowledge this is for you.
If given the opportunity I would do it again.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

I felt that the work that I was producing and the projects that I was working on were worth while. I was encouraged and supported while working and feedback was given on a regular basis. Being told that my work was of good quality and being given larger and more complex projects throughout the year proved that I was a valued member of the team.

There was support from all of those around me. If I asked a question, I could count on the knowledge and experience of my colleagues to help.
No-one ever said that they were "too busy" to help. I would generally have help within 10 minutes.

My daily tasks varied greatly, this suited me perfectly as it meant no day was the same.
One day I could focus on a single project. The next day I could be completing different parts of multiple projects.

With a number of projects I was given full control.
From conception to completion. This may have been a small project to a large scale project that would affect the entire site. These project allowed me to prove my, organization, time planning and communication skills to ensure a successful project. It gives you a sense of pride to say that you are running your own project and with the full support of the management team encourages yo further.

With no doubt I feel that the skills I have learned will benefit me greatly during my studies.
Going into my final year, I already feel more organized, and prepared.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

Atmosphere was fun but professional

The intern program was very well organized, All of the events were structured and catered for different skill sets.
Once a month all of the interns would meet for a training event, there was a quarterly review with your manager and the HR Team to discuss progress and to ensure that you were excelling and that you were reaching your goals.

The Training program featured events such as; Excel Training; Project Management Training and Presentation Skills.

These skills learned were used throughout the placement and I can see that my skills have improved over the year and will continue to improve in the future.

Eaton fully invest in the interns as they want you to succeed.

Eaton do have a graduate scheme and based on my role this year, I would return as a graduate.

Social scene was good, always great fun to meet up with the other interns.

Around £400 PCM for a 2 Bedroom Flat in the local area.

You would need to head to Nottingham for the nightlife.

Some, however I feel that this could be improved.