HR Intern at Eaton

Administration/Secretarial Administration/Secretarial

Eaton is a Top Employer

7.4/10

5.5

There are many great people that I was able to work with which are the main reason as to why I enjoyed my placement. There were struggles as you would always expect, but support and mentoring (and good friends) made it an enjoyable experience.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

Every person shows that you're valued in a different way. There a point awards & thank you awards that give you the ability to be recognised. Without these, I don't think that I would feel as valued as I do today.

Due to the seniority of my manager it was hard to be able to really get the full support that other interns got. I did however receive support from my peers and the senior managers on the sites that I worked at.

For the amount of things that I do I am too busy. Things got forgotten about and it's hard to think that one person can manage all that work. It has however given me great skills and tasks that I can say on my CV and for future jobs that I have completed.

So much! I was practically doing a lot of things that my manager didn't even know took place. There are a number of tasks that I get asked on how to do.

For this placement I know that I am going to be able to go into the career that I want with the skill set I now have from this placement.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

Different offices had different atmospheres. My main base was great. Great people that I could lunch with & have chats with throughout the day & the jokes we could make made the atmosphere good.

With out intern programme manager leaving it was a struggle to know who to go to & talk to. Temps were in and out but there was one that was really organised and was able to get everything done on time properly.

There is a bespoke training plan from an external facilitator that comes in every month pretty much on soft skills and competencies such as presentation skills.

The company is great, but their locations are in the middle of no where which makes it less appealing. I've learnt a lot and know that there are more things that I could learn with the company.

When we did eventually meet up we all had fun, but we never met up that much.

Living near Cheltenham was great as that was our night life & being close to Bristol was good too for the weekends. That also came with a price tag though.

In the local area not great, but moving over to other areas such as Cheltenham, Bristol etc. meant that we were able to still enjoy night life.

Things would be put on the notice board but it was nothing that was explained very well do nothing happened.