Operations Intern at Eaton

Business Analytics Business Management Logistics and Operations

Eaton is a Top Employer

7.8/10

Business Operations.

I enjoyed my work placement and you a given real responsibility throughout your placement year.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

You are given a real job and treated like an employee rather than 'just an intern'.

You get quarterly reviews throughout the intern programme and day to day contact with your line manager.

Fairly busy in the first half of the year, but an increased workload in the second half of the year. However, it was never too much as they are aware that it is a learning process for the intern.

I was given a lot more responsibility then I could of imagined, you are a valued member of the team during the year.

I haven't returned to my 3rd year of uni yet, however I know the year out will have dramatically improved my work ethic. You gain skills in your placement year that you just can't learn from your years at university. You have to be in a practical environment.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

In area with operations, supply chain and quality - a relaxed but working environment.

The internship is set up exceptionally well - especially compared to other friends of mine who are on placements elsewhere. There is an internship programme, therefore you meet and become friends with all the other interns from up and down the country. You meet up monthly for the training events.
There are quarterly reviews specifically for the intern programme.

There are monthly training events around the different Eaton sites including presentation skills, time management, excel, assertiveness ect.

Opportunity to work part time in 3rd year as well as a graduate scheme.

A good social scene among the interns as well as the interns and graduates on sites.

£550 per month for a 2 bed apartment in the centre of town. Very reasonable prices around.

Good if you went into the city.

A couple - varies site to site. Definitely room for improvement at my site.