Insights Week at UBS

Central London Central London and City
Banking/Finance

This review was written using a previous version of questions that were updated in 2013

UBS is a Top Employer

6.9/10

The Insights week is for first year students (or second year students of a four year course) only and aims to give university students a better insight into Investment Banking and UBS.

On a day-to-day basis we attended presentations from each division within UBS. There were also social events such as a pub quiz and many networking opportunities.

At the end of the Insights week we completed a timed numerical test - passing this resulted in being invited to an assessment centre for the following summer's internship programme.

Extremely useful insight into the different areas within Investment Banking and into the company itself.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

There were opportunities to ask questions about the internship and the process involved.

Every day had a schedule so we were kept very busy.

The aim of this week was improve our knowledge of Investment Banking and UBS and to consider applying for the internship the following year. We did not do any actual work.

Developed networking and communication skills which are always useful.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Everyone we met was very friendly and very willing to answer any questions. The interns were also extremely friendly and we often went out for drinks at the end of the day.

Every day had a schedule and this was followed exactly.

As we were only there for a week and not carrying out any actual work there was no investment in us per se.

Following a successful numerical test at the end of the Insights week you are invited back to an assessment centre at a later date. As it is the first assessment centre for the internship you have a better chance of getting a place, so employment prospects are very appealing!

Drinks out after work if nothing formal was planned.

Expensive socialising in London, but lunch was always provided.

There were evening activities such as the pub quiz. There was no exposure to clubs etc at the company but we were only there for a week!