Quality intern at Eaton

Eaton is a Top Employer

8.9/10

8.6

Quality intern working in Eaton's aerospace division at Redditch

I found working for Eaton a really enjoyable, the early starts compared with the first two years at university were simple as i looked forward to getting to work.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

The quality team and the plant itself i felt (being the first intern at the site) would take extra time out to either help me, tutor me, explain something to me or just listen to my ideas and take them seiously.

My manager was there when ever i needed. We also had scheduled one on one meetings twice a week

I was project leading a lot of big projects so i personally found this fantastic. I enjoy being really busy so because of this i scored it a 10

As i said previously, i was project managing some serious quality initatives. I also came up with projects of my own which after presenting i managed to implement.

The placement year is designed in my opinion to develop and enhance as many tangable and intangable skills as possible be it excel, team working, leadership, presentaion... etc eaton allowed me to do this to a greater extent than i though possible

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

Like any business there is friction in the workplace. This was the same at eaton, however i noticed that people were alot more open about it and could talk through issues to reach an understanding.
Saying this the general atmosphere was amazing, i felt right at home.

The placement team at Eaton put together a great intern schedule. We had i believe 8 different training sessions where we met up with the other Eaton interns. There was a real sense that the intern team were focused on all of us to give any help/advice to whoever needed it.

As i just mentioned, there were scheduled intern events where we developed skills such as presentaion, excel, and even some personal psycology.

Not a very good question as i would need to see a job offer to answer this. But eaton being the size that it is an operating in over 48 countries i would say pretty appealing

I was the only intern on my site. So i would see the other interns on the training days. If an event laster two days we would all have food and drinks together.

Redditch was fairly cheap for rent. But as i played for the towns rugby 1st team the beer would add up a bit

I had a great year.

Yes there were. I competed in events for charity, played rugby for the town. Work would have football matches.