1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This course is excellent for those who are interested in the retail industry. If you have a passion for food you will REALLY enjoy it!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The business is a partnership - you feel welcomed straight away. Everyone is friendly, likes to have a chat and you feel that you are part of the organisation.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given some support, but I did most of it myself, encouraged me to be proactive and intedpendant.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It changes, both up and down. It is an office job, but if you're proactive you will have loads to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Once I had gained a few months of experience, I was extreemly competent at what I was doing - people relied on me to provide support.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
This course has helped me to develop skills which will help me throughout my career - it also gave me career direction.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It's a busy office - but not too over the top. IT depends on the people and their personalities.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There was a personnel changover when I started in 2010, this resulted in a lack of information given to me before placement, also I had no idea what my job would consist of. This year's intake has been significantly improved due to the recruitment of a placement co-ordinator.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I went on an influencing course, but nothing else that specific.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I'm a step ahead in the recruitment process for Branch Management and Head Office.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, my fellow placement students and I enjoyed social events together, football, "social evenings". There were several partyies, team days and after work activities to socialise in.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Quite expensive - just outside of London, good motorway access.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Rubbish in Bracknell, but close to Reading, Wokingham and Windsor.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?