1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed the experience working at FactSet. The company provides a great working environment, and the nature of work is neither repetitive or dull. The internship was extremely well structured, and the tasks never failed to provide a fresh challenge. The support system and training for the programme was excellent.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were all very welcoming from the offset and always valued my contribution to the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisors met with me often for catch-ups and were particularly helpful for giving constructive feedback and aiding me with all problems. At all times there was someone available to seek support and advice from.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was always kept extremely busy, but the support system was designed in such a way as to ensure that nobody had an unmanageable amount of work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility from very early on in the internship, performing similar tasks to my permanently employed colleagues.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
FactSet has provided me with an invaluable education. My financial understanding has significantly improved which will be particularly useful for the third year of my Economics Degree studies. Moreover, I have gained a great deal of confidence in the work I perform and in dealing with people. This skill will be useful for all future endeavours. The internship boosted my time management skills significantly.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very optimistic and welcoming. All colleagues were friendly and upbeat.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Extremely well organized. The internship was well structured from the application stage to finishing the internship, and there was never any uncertainty.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Greatly, there was classroom training which went at a comfortable pace, and a support and mentoring system designed to ensure that at all times I was reaching my full learning potential.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Extremely appealing, FactSet has proved to be an excellent employer that prioritises the enjoyment had by its employees. The company offers a number of excellent benefits, and offers brilliant social activities as well as an optimistic and enjoyable working environment.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, there were regular social activities following work and number of company wide social events put on during the internship.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Extremely expensive, however, the company puts on social events paid at no expense to its employees.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, I enjoyed taking part in sporting activities after work with colleagues.