1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really well organised and planned out. Learnt a lot, both financially and FactSet based and was exciting to see finance put into practice at times.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Felt really welcomed and part of a team. Feedback was always given both constructive and positive and made my value added feel really significant.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Weekly catch-ups and working in close proximity with all these people made the experience highly enjoyable and furthered my learning process within FactSet.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Fluctuated based on what was available but as the internship went on, more was available leaving me quite busy, not overwhelmingly but enough work to keep me busy and further make my value added feel significant.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Fully given control on our day to day timetable and how we wished to plan our day. As long as deadlines and meetings were met, we were given the freedom to take responsibility for our own work. On top of this, we had frequent opportunities to go on client visits which was an invaluable experience as this gave us so much more exposure to the consultancy route.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think the skills have helped me with perseverance and taking responsibility for deadlines and such, however the actual knowledge required may not completely transpire into my degree, purely because I do not do heavy finance module at University, however the skills I've learnt none-the-less were completely invaluable.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
This depends on day to day basis, but generally the atmosphere was quite nice. People are sometimes busy but everyone was friendly and willing to help despite this.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Extremely well organised. A two week training period at the beginning to set us up was so useful and so well structured as we got exposure to so many different parts of FactSet as a company and as an application.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I can personally say that I feel coming out of this internship has given me insight into the corporate world in a way that I never thought I'd have exposure to quite this much. I feel like I've learnt so much and constantly being pushed to learn and achieve more. The investment made into us as a group through both training and making us feel like a part of a team was incredibly satisfying and made me want to further my knowledge at FactSet.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Incredibly appealing. As a company and as an office, the people are a big reason as to why I would want to return.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes. Everyone was incredibly welcoming in this aspect too, and asked us to go out on a frequent basis to get to know everyone better and therefore further the experience we gained.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Working in Central London, meant that socializing was quite pricey sometimes but this was no real problem given that we were paid.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Again, being in Central London meant loads of bars and places to go out in the evening so no problem in finding places.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, plenty of sports activities took place such as weekly Netball and Football as well as charity events too.