1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The internship was very enjoyable mostly due to the organised nature of the program. As everything was organised from social events to the the day to day work load, making everyday productive and enjoyable.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Obviously every department within the firm differs, but my team were hugely appreciative of the work I did for them. Although the pieces of work I was doing were just a small part of the work being carried out by the team, it was clear that my work was reviewed and praised when necessary.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Management was clearly defined, however I feel that support was not so obvious within the firm. Although buddies were assigned to each intern, a compulsory weekly or fortnightly meeting with someone outside of our teams to check we're getting on okay would have been beneficial.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
No day is the same within the property industry. Some days were quieter than others, but on the whole the work load I was given was steady and sufficient.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Responsibility was limited, which I fully understand, but I felt the team did give me as much as they could given my level of experience and limited knowledge.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel that the social skills and time management skills were enhanced massively which are both highly applicable skills in the property industry.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was a friendly atmosphere within the office. Definitely a good work life balance demonstrated by employees.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised, there was a project for all interns to do as a group which was presented to various people including employees from HR at the end of the program. There was also lots of social events including summer drinks with the graduates as well as softball matches in Hyde park (when weather permitted). However as I said before I think interns would benefit hugely
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The firm invested a lot into my personal training and development in terms of time from employees. I always felt comfortable asking questions and employees often set aside the time to explain things to me.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Highly. I hope to gain a place on the graduate program in September 2016. It is clear C&W value their employees, and the career pathway is clearly set out.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes. We often organised drinks after work as well as mlunches, however these were organised by the interns not the firm.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
High. But it's London!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Great nightlife, plenty of bars in the vicinity. However as previously mentioned, not cheap.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, plenty of sporting activities. However, maybe not many opportunities if you're not the athletic type?