Business Compliance Associate at Johnson & Johnson

Leeds Yorkshire and Humberside
Administration/Secretarial Business Analytics Business Management Customer Service Education/Teaching Information Technology Medical/Health

Johnson & Johnson is a Top Employer

8.8/10

I have really enjoyed my work placement at DePuy Synthes. I have had the opportunity to gain hands on experience in an international healthcare company and have learned many skills which will help me in my career following university.

At DePuy you are not treated like a student, you are treated like a real employee. My colleagues have been so welcoming and helpful right from the start. You can really sense the supportive atmosphere in the office. You will also always be recognised by your colleagues for your hard work.

I could not have asked for a better manager. We had regular reviews throughout the year and I was given very helpful feedback which helped me develop and further network in the business. My manager was very supportive and always helped motivate me.

It would vary throughout the year. Because of the industry there are busier periods. During the times where it was less busy it gave me the opportunity to focus on my projects.

I had my own projects and areas of the business which I looked after. My placement really gave me the opportunity to take ownership and develop my leadership skills.

Throughout my whole year I was given constant opportunity to develop my employability skills. I have gained a vast range of hard and soft skills which I can show future employers. I believe my new found skills will also help in my final year studies as I now have real industry experience.

In our office there was a constant buzz. You could always sense the hard working atmosphere. Everyday was a different as you never knew who would be in the office each day. This gave great networking opportunities.

Very well organised.

DePuy invest a lot of time in their placement students. They spend the first half of the year training and teaching you everything you need to know about the role and the company, the second half of the year gives you the opportunity to take ownership and learn to work more independently and lead others.

Within DePuy there are no graduate opportunities however as DePuy is a Johnson & Johnson franchise it opens up opportunities in other J&J graduate schemes.

DePuy take on a lot of placemnt students therefore there was a great social scene There were often nights out organised with students and other colleagues.

I attend university in Leeds. The cost of living and socialising here is a lot cheaper than down South.

Because of the vast student population nightlife in Leeds is great.

Johnson & Johnson are heavily involved in CSR so there was a lot of opportunity to get involved in activities outside of work. Some examples of this are the 3 peaks challenge and a rowing challenge.