1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyed my time at Opsview, lots of company socials and really friendly people in the company.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Yes, I got on well within the company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Manager was always available to help and give advice on projects, had regular meetings to discuss workload, work/life balance and resolved issues.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Always had a long list of items to get done, but never too much that might cause stress, felt as if I ever had any issues with workload that I could talk to my manager and head of engineering and they would sort the issue.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A fair amount for the role, I felt I was trusted to complete work how I saw fit and looked after fairly important projects and aspects of the business.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My time at Opsview has really helped make me employable in any company. I have just started conducting interviews for companies after I graduate and I have lots to talk about during those interviews including a broad experience in a range of technologies that most companies use.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Relaxed, friendly, supportive environment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Extremely organised, Opsview have a clear plan for placement students, but there is still a lot of flexibility in place depending upon skills & projects available. Logistically had no issues in the process at all, accommodated my university requirements well.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
My manager and the support team invested their time in on the job training. People within the company were always happy to explain and help.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Opsview seem keen on hiring back employees who have gained skills while working on product, but it would likely depend on position availability at the time.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, a fun place to work - everyone was super friendly.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Reading is reasonably priced, rent is a little high in the area but there are lots of house shares available nearby thanks to the university presence.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Reading is a big town and therefore has a lot of night-life available.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?