Summer Intern at HSBC

5.2/10

6.7
3.8

4.8

As a summer intern, tasks varied but essentially revolved around gaining greater understandings of customer interactions within the retail and commercial arms of the bank. As such, product knowledge was important and the policies and procedures of the bank quickly fell into place. Furthermore, line managers set a business project for you to undertake during your internship upon which you report, in some cases to quite senior management, at the conclusion of your placement. Additionally there are many opportunities to network with the current graduate community as well as participate in community days out.

This very much depended upon your line manager and who was in the office on the day.

Having real tasks and responsibilities made the job worth while.

I was given lots of support but also had the flexibility I needed to pursue the activities that interested me most.

A good balance.

If you ask, you get...

Quite specialist skills placed me well for a career in banking.

A very helpful group of people who generally would do anything to help.

Great scheme that was well set out and has clearly evolved well over the years.

Not much.

Went to final assessment center but got refused.

It could be as good or as bad as you made it.

Stayed in my university accommodation.

Quiet without the student population in town.

Over the seven weeks I went paint-balling as well as to a couple of corporate networking events.