Retail Intern at HSBC

Banking - Retail

HSBC is a Top Employer

7.7/10

Working in a retail branch, role included observing and taking part in the sale of loans, accounts, mortgages etc. Also floor walking which involved meeting and greeting customers upon arrival and answering there enquires.

Interns were also encouraged to carry out project work and shadow other departments and roles in premier and business banking.

Learnt a great deal and built strong contacts.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at HSBC

the people were one of the best points about working at the firm.

My manager was very hands on in my devlopment.

It was a challenging and demanding role.

Bestowed with a great deal of trust and project work gave a great deal of responsibility.

Skills I learnt I feel will put me in good stead in the job market and help differentiate me from other applicants.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at HSBC

It was serious but very team work based

Given a definitive list of criteria but responsibility on intern to take the imitative and complete them.

Company put me through a lot of training and coupled with the salary invested a large deal in order to build a long term relationship.

The program is very attractive in that a successful internship leads to a secured job based on the recommendation of a manager which I received.

Whilst sociable the interns were very hard working and keen to make the most of the internship whilst also forging strong relationships.

London is of course very expensive relative to other areas but one can live on a budget and still socialise.

The nightlife in London is obviously renowned however, I did not go out with my colleagues at night.

There were many oppertunities to volunteer and in sports teams