I was able to experience life at PwC and gain insight into what the company does which helped me make decision regarding the career path I should follow after graduation. I had a great exposure to work with the clients and worked alongside PwC employees who were always eager to help. I was given the same tasks as the long term employee would be given, with accurate amount of help.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The internship was an extremely valuable experience. It is a priceless entry in my cv and guaranteed me a job after graduation
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Colleagues I worked with were extremely undestanding and were always ready to answer all my quesions, even those not work-related
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The senior colleagues were making speeches at the beginning of the internship and were always approachable at anytime
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My working hours were 9-5 Monday to Friday but sometimes work required me to stay a bit longer. But I was always asked if I was able to stay and any extra work could be reasonably spread
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given the same tasks a non-intern employee would be given but guidance and support was always available
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I gained some very valuable skills like time management and communication. I was also able to improve my team working skills which is one of the most essential skills both at university and beyond
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Atmoshpere was quite relaxed but always very professional
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything was perfectly synchronized, I was always well informed about any events, meetings I should attend and workshops
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We were given an extremely helpful and essential residential training in order to gain insight into what we would be doing during the internship. Personal development was also encouraged and insisted on troughout the internship
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I was offered a graduate position at the company
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes,we were able to get to know each other during the residential training and were able to attend social activites organised by the company
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I live in London where my internship was based. the cost of living in London is quite high but in terms of socialising there are some bargains to be found
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
City of London's nightlife cannot be compared to anywhere else
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Social activites organised by the company were amazing