Intern at HSBC

6.3/10

6.6

4.5

Whilst at head office I worked with Customer Propostitions for 6 weeks

I really enjoyed working with different people and getting to know various sides of the bank. I was quite nervous though at times, especially with interactions with customers which was a daunting prospect.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at HSBC

Felt very comfortable very quickly. Both the teams in the head office and the branch were very welcoming.

They allowed me to ask all questions and confirmed that I was confident with completing all tasks set.

Some days were busier than others, especially in the branch. At head office there was a better balance whereas days in the branch could be hectic or quiet - depending on customers.

At head office I worked as part of a team where they gave me individual responsibilities and I had to deliver tasks set on my own. At the branch it is more difficult to give me individual responsibilities as it is very much a team atmosphere and there are many more regulations regarding the interaction that I have with customers.

The skills that I have developed are not by any means tailored to my degree subject but the life and people skills that I have learnt are incomparable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at HSBC

Again some days were exciting, whereas others were more mundane. The experience in the branch has fluctuated more whereas at head office it was more generic.

There were flaws but HR were responsive to our needs and ensured that when we did have problems with things there were dealt with efficiently.

They owed me nothing and gave me almost all they had to give. Their guidance and support can not be faulted, and individuals in the work place took an interest and allowed me to shadow them wherever possible.

Appealing but would also love the opportunity to do something different.

Central London is expensive - company not to blame.

City of London and Canary Wharf are not renowned for night life.

I wasn't there for long enough to judge this.