Summer Intern in Global Financial Advisory departement
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was one of my most challenging internship, but definitly the one I enjoyed the most.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt extremely valued in the team I was as they were quite busy during my time there and I felt my work really helped them during their days.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The buddy / mentor scheme emplemented by the HR is very well organised and I was extremely lucky to have a very supportive, welcoming and patient buddy.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Days were very busy, but that's what the job is like here.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsability early on. Worked hands-on on live projects and had more interaction with clients that I thought I would be allowed to.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The training week as well as continuous training throughout the internship taught me so much effective and practical things. It was a great help as university only prepares you for broad knowledge.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in our team was great, and I could say the same for the whole building as the Rothschild culture is very strong. Atmosphere between the interns was also exceptional as we are a small group of interns than in other institutions.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship & training was very well organised. The mid-internship reviews are also very useful.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I feel the company has invested a lot of time and energy in me, not only throught the training week, but also throughout the internship, both from HR departement and colleagues.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very, if you like the job and show motivation !
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, many interns events were organised and being a small group of interns was really great to get to appreciate eachother.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cost of living is high in london, however the company's meal and transport benefits are very good, which enables you to save money.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife in london is great, but in this job your nightlife is your desk !
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, but the job doesn't leav you much time to do them. When free however there are lots to do.