Global Banking and Markets Summer Intern - Operations at NatWest Group

4.3/10

4.3
4.4

4.0

Analysing excess reports. Working with other teams to approve and facilitate lending products. Updating facilities.

Sometimes the work became tedious or there wasn't much for me to do. Generally the department I was in did not feel highly regarded by HR and the people running the program.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at NatWest Group

The people at RBS are very welcoming and friendly.

RBS has a great culture where senior management are very accessible and willing to lend a hand. However, the way the program was structured meant that it was difficult to get support from HR and those running the program.

There was not a lot to do and my manager didn't give me a project.

I was given as much responsibility as everyone else on my team which was really good.

I don't think I was given that much opportunity to develop skills.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at NatWest Group

It was quite a slow paced department.

Most of the program was organised very well, but there were some aspects which were not done well at all.

We had a whole week of intensive training and throughout there were many networking events and presentations which helped give an overview of the bank. People were also very willing for you to go and sit in other teams for a few hours or so.

There is opportunity for interns to join the graduate scheme, but there isn't a very fair system or consistency for this.

There was a great social scene but most of this had to be organised by interns themselves. After the first week, when all the interns had been together, there were very few events for interns across different divisions, which meant that friends made in the first week were soon lost.

It was very expensive in central London.

There were a few good bars, but it was necessary to travel further afield for better nightlife.

There weren't many opportunities for these activities.