Working in the EMEA PMO (Programme Management Office) I was responsible for supporting and leading a number of projects which often aimed to implement the strategic vision of the European Leadership Team.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyed the role and the overall experience of the placement year, not much could have been done to improve it
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Even though I often worked with colleagues much more senior than me in the organisation I was never left out of discussion and I always felt that my points even if bad ones would not be criticised but rather developed and explained
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Never micromanaged but always supported in the work I was doing
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Whenever there was chance of me having spare capacity there was always work to do but at the same time no one would force unrealistic pressures/deadlines on to you
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As mentioned before, I was never micromanaged and often ad to make decisions entirely on my own but there was always support which I engaged with regularly
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
A lot of investment into my personal skills from the company.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Average only due to the amount of travelling everyone was doing but whenever people were in there was always a friendly atmosphere and some of the events that take place on site can be great fun.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Always spported by line manager and the preparation was done to make sure I was ready to get started on the first day
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Very high investment into my development
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Not a guaranteed job but due to the network I've built and the relationships I've made there has been some good positive conversations related to my return after graduation
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Everyone was introduced to each other and throughout the year we met up for drinks, meals and other social activities
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not Londond prices but I wouldn't say cheap as chips as I'm used to northern prices!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not great in High Wycombe but you make of it what you can and London is only 20/30min train ride away
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Plenty of opportunities even though I didn't engage much I could see there were plenty of clubs and groups going on.