1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed the job even though it was in a field that I had little expertise or knowledge in. There were obvioulsy bad days and sometimes you have tasks which are quite mundane howver these were very infrequent and every job will have this. Overall it was a job I really enjoyed doing.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I always felt very valued and the biggest thing I can say about this is that i never felt like a placement student, I was more like a fellow co-worker.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Every manager I had was very supportive and would go out of thir way to help me. I learnt a lot from them.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Same as most jobs had very busy days and I would have days where business was slow. During both periods it was never too stressfull or too mundane as you could always get help or ask for more work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
In terms of what I was working on I had a great deal of responsibility, this made me have a lot of enthuisasm for the job I was doing.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
In terms of working in a B2B environment I will constantly be able to refer back to the skills I learnt. Also my time management skills improved massively.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office was a great environment to work in, there was some great banter and there was a wide range of people all of whom I got along with.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything was in place ready for my arrival. At times I would move roles and even then everything was ready for my job change.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They invested a lot of time and energy in me and taught me a lot about a broad range of business matters including finance HR and marketing.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing. I wouldnt hesitate to go back. They were very good to me and there graduate positions seems a great opportunity.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Although I was the only student there at that period of time it didnt really mattere becuase the staff were from a variety of ages so there was enough younger members of staff to go out with.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very reasonable. The salery more than covers living costs and you will never be short for the weekends activities!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Perfect for the weekend as it was near enough in Manchester (20 minute tram ride).
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were always staff leaving do's or team building exercises going on. On one occasion we even visited Old Trafford!