Procurement Intern at GSK

Brentford Greater London
Pharmaceutical Purchasing and Supply

9.1/10

9.4

You will be given a few different projects to work on, with real ownership from the beginning. Depending on what area of procurement you are in this could be anything from working with "The Big 4" to source cheap individuals to carry out our audits, to visiting our factory sites to meet with suppliers to buy the best value-for-money toothpaste tubes. There's lots of variation!

It was good fun, with a great work-life balance.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at GSK

I felt very valued and was given a lot of responsibility.

My line manager was always at hand to help me with any queries I had. If she was not able to help then she would always point me in the right direction and introduce me to those who could.

The work load varied quite a lot, although I think it very much depends on your specific projects.

I was the project manager and procurement lead on two projects, and delivered real value on a third. This involved lots of responsibility as I was the main point of contact within GSK for these projects.

While the specific business knowledge I gained is not wholly relevant to my degree, it will definitely bear me in good stead for my future career. I did however learn a lot of skills, from time management to communication and presentation skills, that will be very useful in my final year at university.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at GSK

Everyone got on really well and there was the perfect balance of fun and work!

It was very organised and well structured, from the initial telephone interviews all the way through to the end-of-internship review and presentations.

They invested a lot in me - even though mine was only a three month placement, they paid for me to travel to different sites for greater exposure and were always happy to fund me on training courses that were not compulsory for the placement.

I am not sure if I have got a job with them yet, but there are countless opportunities within GSK and I would be very excited if I got a job offer!

Definitely - we tended to organise one event a week, ranging from a small music festival to trips to the pub, restaurants and nights out. These weren't compulsory at all but the fact that they always had a good turn out shows just how fun they were and how much everyone got on.

I was based in GSK House in Brentford, West London and so it was a bit cheaper than the rest of London even though still a bit more expensive than I'm used to. The rest of London is obviously quite expensive and so it could have been much worse,

Lots of pubs and restaurants, although no nightclubs. It is however really easy to get into the centre of London from Brentford (20 min train into Waterloo / 15 to Clapham) and so was a really good balance.

Lots - touch rugby, football, charity runs, small music festival, meals out etc.